Yesterday my family and I got to check out this year’s incredible Disney On Ice Presents Let’s Celebrate show at the Wells Fargo Center. It was such a fantastic show and my two girls (ages 5 and 3) just loved it – and so did my husband and I! Having gone to Disney twice now and become pretty much huge Disney fans, we love basically all things Disney so this is a great way to get a bit of that Disney magic when you’re not able to make the trip down to the happiest place on earth. If you’re thinking of going and planning to buy tickets, don’t forget to use the discount code “BLOG” to get $10 off your tickets here.
|Princesses and their Princes|
This year’s show was called Let’s Celebrate and kicked off with a unique unbirthday party with Mickey and Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter and more of everyone’s favorite Disney characters, too. After the tone of the event was set by the unbirthday party fun, next up was a very beautiful skit with Mickey turning into Sorcerer Mickey and the dancing brooms. The production of this number was just stunning. I love the way Feld Entertainment makes use of lights and color in these shows and this reminded me of the Ariel Under the Sea number from last year in its really exceptional use of glow-in-the dark colors and costumes.
|Sorcerer Mickey and the Dancing Brooms|
The rest of the show featured a sequence of stunning celebrations including spring with Minnie and the Cherry Blossoms in Japan, Halloween with Jack Skellington and the Disney Villains, Valentine’s Day, summer vacation in Hawaii, Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and then wrapped up with an awesome Christmas finale.
|Snow in the Finale!|
What I really loved most about this year’s show was how they incorporated a large interactive screen that changed with the different scenes and holidays. It was very cleverly done and really added to the overall production of the show. As always, the costumes were so beautiful and the details were so special. I loved seeing Minnie’s different outfits throughout each holiday celebration. She looked particularly beautiful during the Japanese cherry blossom tribute to spring.
|My Girls Were Riveted to the Show|
I also loved how the audience was encouraged to interact in several of the performances like when Mickey got us all screaming “Boo” to scare away the villains in the Jack Skellington skit or how the Fairy Godmother had us all yelling “Bippity Boppity Boo” to help change Minnie into a beautiful princess. The kids of course LOVE this and were so into yelling and being a real part of the show.
It was really such a fun and lively show. My whole family had a blast and I’m so excited that this is now our annual tradition of going to see the Disney On Ice show right after the Christmas holiday. It’s such an exciting way to keep the magic of the season going and enjoy a really special memory with your family during the holidays.
Here are a few tips that might be helpful for you if you go:
– Parking was $16 and is cash only. Leave enough time for any crowds or traffic so you don’t miss the opening.
– The show runs a little under two hours with a brief intermission.
– Food vendors in the Wells Fargo Center take credit/debit cards but the vendors who come walking down the aisles during intermission with snow cones, popcorn, lemonade and cotton candy are cash only. Most items are at least $10 each. All of the items being sold in the aisle during intermission for cash only can also be found in the hallways at their regular stands for credit/debit purchase too.
– There are vendors with Disney merchandise everywhere. Be prepared as your kids will ask for all these great light up gizmos and toys they are selling. There are also face paint and photo stations. Of course, these cost $$ too.
– Dress on the warm side as it does tend to get a little chilly.
– Feel free to let your kids bring and wear their Mickey ears or princess crowns and dresses. Many kids are in costume or wear tiaras or mouse ears.
Get your tickets with a $10 Off Discount Code
There is still plenty of time to get your tickets with shows running all week now through January 5th. And all phillyfun4kids readers can get this great discount of $10 off tickets by using the special discount code “BLOG” when you order tickets online here.
If you go:
Disney On Ice: Let’s Celebrate is running now through January 5th at the Wells Fargo Center located at 3601 S. Broad Street in Philadelphia. Shows run at 11am, 3pm and 7pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Weekday show times are more limited and vary based on the day. Check show times online before you go.
Disclosure: I was given 4 complimentary tickets to attend Disney On Ice: Let’s Celebrate for the purposes of reviewing and promoting the show. I was also given 4 complimentary tickets to give away to you all. Isn’t that awesome?? (Thanks Feld Entertainment, Wells Fargo Center and Disney on Ice!) As always, all opinions expressed about Disney being magical whether it’s in Florida or right here in Philly at the Disney On Ice show are our own.